Family Beach Photo 2014

Family Beach Photo 2014

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Paper Chase

So this is the part where we fill out a bunch of forms, run around to a bunch of offices, and then pay a lot of money to get all of those forms and documents notarized and certified.  I find myself being frustrated, and panicked.  Why does this have to occur in order to get you here?  Why do all of these people have to be involved?  Your big sisters and brothers don't understand why we can't just come and get you right now and promise to take care of you and love you.  I find myself getting panicked that we are not getting these things done fast enough.  That you are waiting for me to get signed papers and that each day is a missed day with you.
But those are small issues and fears and worries compared to the idea of growing up without a family to play baseball with, watch movies with, play games with, and read books with.  I am assured that God is in control, an that HE knows when you are coming home.  His timing is perfect, and no doctor appointment or certified birth certificate will disrupt his plans for you and I to play together some time soon.
So tonight I am praying for you.  I am thanking God that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.  I am praying that you will be protected, loved, and cared for right where you are.  I am praying that your heart is being made ready for our hearts, and that our hearts are being expanded to include you.  We can't wait to get to know you, and to one day hold you and tell you that every phone call, every form, every dollar spent on a notary was worth it.  And that all of those things pale in comparison to your worth in God's sight.

1 comment:

  1. Literally, your last paragraph is the exact prayer I have been praying for your precious little one. Praying for you, loving you and knowing that God has a perfect plan!

    ReplyDelete